Estate Planning: Priority and Peace of Mind
Thinking Ahead To Protect Your Family
Making sure your family is taken care of after you are gone is of the utmost importance. While many people wait to establish a will or a financial plan until later in life, you should consider taking the necessary steps to do this as soon as possible. If you suffer an unfortunate accident, the best way to make sure your interests are protected is having an experienced estate planning attorney establish a plan that clearly outlines your wishes.
- Some of the benefits to estate planning include:
- Creating a clear division of assets
- Making sure that your investments are protected
- Delegation of guardianship in the event of an accident
- Transfer of benefits and non-probate items that are not covered by a will
Drafting Your Will & Trust
By establishing a Last Will and Testament, you not only decide how your assets will be divided but also preemptively resolve any potential disputes regarding your personal effects and property. By working with an experienced estate planning lawyer, you can rest assured that all of the documentation necessary for your will & trust will be completed properly and that your personal goals will be addressed.
Family Comes First
In the event that you or your spouse becomes injured, it’s crucial that you have designated a legal guardian within your estate plan. We can make sure your estate plan clearly stipulates who will take care of your children if you or your spouse become incapacitated.
- If you become hospitalized, your estate plan often specifies your:
- Power of attorney
- Health care proxies
- Advanced health care directives